As a business owner, you know that it is your responsibility to properly handle job-related injuries and illnesses. In order to do so, you must properly train your employees, provide Massachusetts workers compensation and follow OSHA standards.
Speaking of OSHA, are you aware of OSHA Form 300A? This is a summary log of all work-related injuries for 2011 and it is time to post it! From February 1st to April 30th, non-exempt companies are required by the OSHA Recordkeeping Standard to post a log. You can find the proper forms on OSHA’s website.
What should be included on this log?
• The total number of job-related injuries and illnesses from 2011 that were logged on the OSHA 300 form;
• Info on the number of workers and hours worked for the year;
• Even if there were no recordable incidents in 2011, required companies must still comply.
Where should you post this log?
• Post in a common area from 2/1-4/30;
• If there are employees that may not see this form while it is posted, be sure to make copies available to them.
If you have not already posted this form in your place of business, now is the time to do so. It is already two weeks into February!
At Wolpert Insurance, we want to make sure your business is up to date on the latest OSHA news, Massachusetts workers compensation and more. Your business and its safety are important- allow us to help you protect it!